The vWire© board is a low power wireless data acquisition and control board that operates in two major modes, I/O Line Passing mode and Network API mode.
I/O Line Passing mode allows up to eleven wireless virtual cable connections to be established between two or more vWire boards. Analog or digital/switch signal inputs on one board are wirelessly transmitted to another vWire board where they are reproduced as identical analog or digital/switch signals. Additionally, an RS232 signal input on one board is received as an RS232 output signal on the remote board allowing transparent RS232 virtual cable operation.
Network API mode allows up to 65533 vWire boards to be connected in a peer-to-peer network allowing remote analog and digital data monitoring and control of hundreds of thousands of nodes over the entire network. Up to 12 separate networks can be established in the same area.
Analog and digital inputs on any vWire board in the network can be retrieved through any other vWire board in the network. Similarly, an analog or digital output can be forced on any vWire board in the network through any other vWire board in the network.
An easy to use configuration utility is provided to set up an application in minutes. Default configuration files show both Line passing and Network API setups.
- vWire board-pairs provide wireless virtual cables up to 1 mile in length for multiple analog and digital signals in I/O Line Passing mode.
- Network API mode supports up to 65533 vWire boards in a network that can monitor and control hundreds of thousands of remote wireless nodes
- Two analog inputs and two analog outputs; Input ranges: 0-20mA, 0–2.5V, 0-5V or 0-20V; Output levels 0-5V
- Six opto-isolated digital inputs accept 0+/-30V input levels; Input polarity can be switched between active high and active low
- 6 solid state relay outputs rated at 60VAC/DC at up to 0.5A
- 100mW wireless output power. Line of sight wireless range of up to 1 mile; 12 frequency channels in the 2.4GHz band
- Transparent RS232 serial cable replacement mode useful for Modbus, custom protocols or vWire data packets
- Screw terminal input/output connections
- DIN Rail or panel mount
- Low power 9–30 VDC power requirement; Polarity neutral input; Polyfuse protected
- Board size: 4” X 4”
- Antenna options include on-board wire antenna (picture above), u.FL connector with whip antenna (included), built-in antenna, and RPSMA connector
- Wireless switch extender for light control, motor control, etc.
- Add remote monitoring and control capability to an existing PLC system without affecting or changing PLC program
- Wireless RS232 cable for Modbus or other protocols
- Wireless monitoring of pressure, flow, temperature, speed, alarms, chlorine, levels, moisture, etc.
- Automate an entire factory using network API mode to monitor/control data with up to 65533 boards in a network
iP Solutions also offers full Design Services for your wireless data acquisition and control application needs. See Remote Monitoring and Control. Please let us know about your requirements.